Network management software, intended to simplify the task of inventory, monitoring and administration of computers, running Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. Does not require installing any client software on remote computers. Inquartos NetworkManager combines the abilities of remote control software with the benefits of database, storing whole inventory information belonging to a corporate network.
Key features of the program:
1) Obtaining information from remote computers: installed software and hardware components, sessions, event log, shared resources, etc.
2) Convenient remote administration (management of the local users accounts, services, running processes, editing registry, installation and un-installation of software, etc)
3) Supports XML database for storing special information about physical users and computers inside corporate network, for example, physical user's individual information (such as first and last name, list of his/her local and domain accounts, photo, post, mail, etc.), physical owner of computer, computer's placement in your organization, etc.
4) Allows users to easily create detailed inventory reports and quickly export inventory information to various formats: HTML, MHTML, MS Word (*.doc), MS Excel (*.xls), XML.
5) Ability of applying actions to the group of computers (silent software installation, shutting down and restarting computers, generating inventory reports, sending messages, etc.)
6) Contains Windows AD administration functions
7) Network utilities (pinging, tracing route, port scanning, searching hosts by ICMP ping or ARP scan, DNS lookup)
Inquartos NetworkManager is obviously helpful for system administrators of large and middle corporate Microsoft Windows networks.
See also: remote, inventory, management, monitoring, network, centralization, administration, administering, control, database, report, hardware, device, registry