Surfpack Startpage is a real lifesaver for people who know what they want on the Internet and regularly visit the same web sites.
Basically, Surfpack Startpage builds a single HTML page that contains all your favorite web resources displayed in whatever way, form or shape you might like - favorite URL links, newsfeeds, entire web pages, etc. The page you create also comes with search tools, horoscopes, current weather conditions, LiveJournal diaries, humor, and other web modules. There are dozens of tools to make your online experience with Surfpack much more enjoyable than simple web surfing cluttered with unwanted banners and pop-up ads. Unlike online portals, no registration and login is required. Surfpack Startpage resides locally on your computer, so it loads instantly even if you don't have an Internet connection established.
Surfpack Startpage comes with various web modules, including:
- RSS Reader for two most popular newsfeeds format, RSS and Atom.
- Bookmark modules with one-click access to your most favorite websites.
- One-click search in several search engines.
- Current weather conditions.
- Broken URL restoring - (Ever tried to cut and paste long URLs broken by email program?
Clipboard URL module will do this boring work for you.)
- Startpage Guard - (If by chance your start page is stolen by a spyware or a Trojan Horse, this will bring it back.)
- Personal Daily Horoscope
- Quotes of the moment
- Pictures of the day, cartoons, etc.
See also: feeds, newsfeeds, Atom, RSS, manager, bookmarks, bookmark, favorites, surfing, browser, portal, startpage, personal homepage, homepage, news